It’s the few last weeks before we have to say goodbye and you go back to enjoying elevators, Target and Chipotle. Just a short list of the few things you’ve missed while being away. BUT remember that feeling you got when you first arrived, you were a bit nervous and everything felt foreign? Then the magic kicked in and you realized that being abroad is incredible and life changing. Well…you may get home and experience the feeling you first got when arriving here.
Reverse culture shock…yes it’s a thing and it happens to the best of us. Hell, I experienced it, we all did, which is why were back here working so that we don’t have to deal. Once you get back to the states you may feel a bit funny for awhile, you’ll be confused by the amazing use of technology (upside!) but you may also feel like you missed this whole chunk of life while you were living a different one. The feeling of missing Florence will kick in and you may not be interested in going out and everything at home that once felt comfortable and normal feels out of place. You may even miss the bathrooms at Lions and Jimmy’s (actually - no, that's the only thing we won't miss)
But in case the reminiscing and the #tbt Insta posts don’t do it for you, we’ve gathered some tips that will help you out.
1. Write about your experiencing, whether it is a blog, a journal or a book! Just write!
2. Stay connected with the people you met while studying abroad. These are the people who will want to keep talking about “that one time…” and it never gets old.
3. Keep searching for new experiences; take on new projects. Trying new things will replace seeing new places, it can also keep you motivated.
4. Drag yourself out of the house. We you know you miss Florence and it misses you to but rediscovering home will be an adventure within itself.
5. Look towards the future. What exciting things are coming up? Focus on those!
6. Realize that you’ve changed. Being abroad and experiencing life can truly change a person. But those who stayed home may have not changed like you have. Accept that you grew in a way that some may have not.
7. Give advice to others who are leaving to study abroad. You’ve been there done that! Help others get the most out of their experience by giving them a running start with a list of things to do. Don’t forget to tell them about Euroadventures!
8. Stay positive! It may suck now and it seems hard. But everything will fall in place soon and you will get through this.
If you have anymore questions or need advice, just ASK US. In fact…we’ll do you one better, make the most out of your last few weeks and travel with US. We promise to make it memorable!
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/euroadventures
Don’t forget to use the #euroadventures on Instagram as well!
Shoot us an email at email@example.com! Cheers!
Oh....and never stop doing these below. You're study abroad friends will get it.